Can I just throw some facts at you today? I want to educate you all on some common mistakes that are made at lots of job interviews. Like I said earlier, just being knowledgeable about what you could possible do wrong will make you more conscious of that act and try to avoid it. Let's give it a try.
Nonverbal interview mistakes.
Top 10 common mistakes.
- 21% of people play with their hair or touch their face.
- 47% of people have little to no knowledge about the company.
- 67% fail to make regular eye contact.
- 38% of people forget to smile.
- 33% have bad posture.
- 21% cross their arms over there chest.
- 9% of people use too many hand gestures.
- 26% make a handshake that is too weak.
- 33% fidget too much.
- Failing to ask for the job.
- Failing to set yourself apart form other candidates.
- "Winging" the interview and not being prepared.
- Try to be all things to all people.
- Concentrating too much on what you want.
- Inadequate research about potential employer.
- Not showing enough interest or enthusiasm.
- Lacking humor, warmth, or personality.
- Conveying that you're not over it your last job.
- Over-explaining why you are getting a new job.
Click here if you want to know where I got these facts and details. If you're interviewing soon, don't worry, you got this! Make sure to learn more about the organization that you are interviewing with and have a specific job in mind. Also review the qualifications for the job and make sure your strengths are well suited for the work.